Emmaus receives occasional requests to post ministry opportunities on our website, and we are pleased to provide this service to our alumni and friends. If you would like to post a ministry opportunity on this page, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to consider listing it for you.
Emmaus seeks to serve a broad constituency. The views expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of Emmaus Bible College. These posts also do not necessarily imply official relationships or endorsements with any organization listed below. We reserve the right to edit postings for length and content. Postings are automatically deleted after approximately 6 months; if your position is still open, you may repost it by resending it to email@example.com.
Youth Minister/Assistant Pastor at Gospel Chapel in Newcastle, NE
Gospel Chapel is a small independent (nondenominational), evangelical Bible teaching church located in Newcastle, Nebraska. We have a desire to reach and influence our community and the world around us for Jesus Christ. Some of the ministries of our church are Sunday School for all ages, Sunday morning worship service, Sunday evening Bible Study and prayer time, Awana (currently for Kindergarten through High School), jail ministry and a monthly nursing home service. Being a missions minded church, we support a number of missionaries both in the U.S. and around the world.
A copy of our doctrinal statement and constitution are available upon request. Read More.
Newcastle is located in the extreme northeast corner of Nebraska on Highway 12. It is a small town of less than 300 people located in Dixon County. Newcastle is a farming community of mainly small family farms. Being close to the Missouri River there are many outdoor opportunities for hunting, fishing, boating, hiking and camping. Newcastle is in a rural setting, but is only about 15 minutes from Vermillion, SD (home of the University of South Dakota) and about 35 minutes from Sioux City, IA (the primary city of the 5 county Sioux City Metropolitan Statistical Area).
- Stand in for the Senior Pastor when he is gone. This would include pulpit fill in and emergency visitation
- Assist the Senior Pastor as needed
- Assist with church outreach, community and nursing home visitation
- May be called upon to lead a Bible study
- Occasionally meet with deacon board to review goals and concerns.
- Present a quarterly report to Pastor and Deacon Board on all ministry activities
- This position is bivocational. Salary is yet to be determined.
- A married man would be preferred.
Dennis W. Gould
58522 8845 Road
Newcastle, NE 68757
402-241- 7449 cell
402-355- 2393 home
Summer Youth Counselor at Hope Ministries in Atlanta, GA
Position: Summer Youth Counselor
Reports to: Summer Enrichment Program Director and/or Executive Director
Duration of Position: June 5, 2017-July 21, 2017
Salary Range: $300-$330 weekly stipend
Description: The individual in this position will plan, organize, conduct and supervise a variety of activities for group assigned. This counselor is directly responsible for the safety and welfare of the children at H.O.P.E. Summer Enrichment Program. The counselor serves as a teacher, mentor, referee, activity leader and facilitator. Primary emphasis should be on fun and individual growth through well-rounded academic and recreational activities. Individuals considering this position should expect to work Monday through Friday for a seven week period. Read More.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute daily group activities; i.e. tutorials, games, crafts & recreational activities
- Operate daily lunch service
- Supervise students and chaperone field trips
- Be accountable for the whereabouts and safety of all students during group activities and field trips
- Assist with daily site set –up and clean-up
- Report any and all problems to Program Director and/or Executive Director
- Complete all required program documentation; e.g. time sheets, meal forms, accident forms
- Adhere to all program policies and procedures
- Flexible, energetic , mature, confident & active Christian with passion to serve Christ & others
- Must possess & exhibit positive attitude, great character, integrity, and adaptability
- Ability to effectively communicate & work with students ages 5-12
- Ability to cooperate with adult team members & also work under limited supervision
- Physical ability to participate in the program & possess the strength & endurance required to maintain constant supervision of students
- Visual & auditory ability to identify & respond to any hazards related to program activities
- Ability to observe student behavior, to assess its appropriateness and, to enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures
- At least 3 years consistent work and/or volunteer experience in the education field; positive interaction with school -aged children is preferred
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidate must submit to and successfully pass a post offer criminal background check
- Possess or be willing to obtain CPR certification
- Must be minimum 20 yrs. old
- Must provide 2 letters of reference: one pastoral reference and one employment reference
If interested, please contact:
H.O.P.E. Ministries, Inc.
Resident Evangelist with Southside Bible Chapel in Jacksonville, FL
Opportunity: Resident Evangelist
Place: Jacksonville, FL
Present Scenario: Over the past decade we have not seen any numerical growth in the assembly. People in the local assembly are adults around the age of 80. There is one young family. If we don't do something drastic we might have to close the doors. Read More.
Plausible Solution: Jacksonville FL has 5 major universities in the area including UNF (University of N. Florida) and some campuses of UF. There could be a great work amongst the students. There is a great international population which could be a great mission field. Jacksonville FL is the largest city in the US in terms of landmass but there is not effective evangelistic work going on. So we are looking for a person or a couple who are rooted in the word and have a commitment to server the Lord. This would be a great opportunity for them to move to this area and come help in the evangelistic efforts of this assembly.
The assembly here promises to be behind such a person for the Glory of God.
Should you have any questions please contact me via email or on the phone numbers listed below.
Cell: 904 366 9474
Office: 904 999 4135
Minister at First Christian Church in Wadesville, IN
We are currently seeking a minister for our small rural congregation in southwest Indiana. This enthusiastic, compassionate individual will serve as the new spiritual leader of our church and partner with us to expand our ministry. We seek to maintain some of the traditional, Biblically-focused elements of our church while continuing to evolve in order to accommodate the ever-changing spiritual needs of our surrounding community. Responsibilities include (but not limited to): leading regular worship services, spiritual guidance of the congregation, and participation in community outreach activities. Salary is negotiable; experience in a church leadership role strongly preferred. Read More.