The Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies is a two-year program designed to provide the student with both knowledge of the Bible and general education knowledge and skills.
Program Director: Raju D. Kunjummen
The student will evidence:
- Knowledge of biblical content and Christian Theology.
- The essentials of a proper methodology to interpret and apply the English Bible.
- Commitment to growth in Christian character and lifestyle.
Associate Degree Requirements
- Complete a minimum of 62 semester credit hours.
- A 2.0 cumulative grade point average and a passing grade in all required courses.
- At least 30 semester credit hours must be earned at Emmaus.
- Complete the general graduation requirements listed in the Academic Life section of the catalog.
- Meet course requirements in the following areas:
- Bible/Theology (27 credits)
- Old Testament Survey 1 (BT 102)
- Old Testament Survey 2 (BT 104)
- New Testament Survey (BT 106)
- Christian Life & Worldview (BT 111)
- Introduction to Biblical Interpretation (BT 120)
- Survey of Doctrine (BT 151)
- Biblical Hermeneutics (BT 220)
- Chapel (CCS 110)
- Servant Leader Training (CCS 120)
- Bible/Theology Electives
- General Studies (29 credits)
- Fundamentals of Speech (COM 112)
- Fundamental Computer Literacy (CS 101)
- English Composition (ENG 101)
- Introduction to Literature (ENG 102)
- Transitions Seminar (FND 101)
- Western Civilization (HIS 131/132) or American History (HIS 235/236)
- Introduction to Human Biology & Lab (SCI 241/242)
- Mathematics Elective
- Humanities Elective
- Social Science Elective
- Electives (6 credits)
Award: Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies