The Bible/Theology major is the biblical component of every double major or cooperative, dual-degree program at Emmaus Bible College. It cannot be completed as a stand-alone program. See the planners for double-majors or cooperative programs for additional information.
Program Director: Raju D. Kunjummen
The student will evidence:
- Knowledge of the content of the Bible.
- Understanding of major Christian doctrines and their biblical foundations.
- Ability to correctly interpret and appropriately apply Biblical teaching.
- Commitment to growth in Christian character and lifestyle.
- Skill in written and oral communication of biblical teaching.
Bible/Theology Major Requirements
- Bible/Theology (33-39 credits)
- Old Testament Survey 1 (BT 102)
- Old Testament Survey 2 (BT 104)
- New Testament Survey (BT 106)
- Christian Life & Worldview (BT 111)
- Introduction to Biblical Interpretation (BT 120)
- Survey of Doctrine (BT 151)
- Biblical Hermeneutics (BT 220)
- Theology: God, Creation, and Sin (BT 221)
- Theology: Christ, Holy Spirit, and Salvation (BT 321)
- Theology: The Church and Final Things (BT 331)
- Bible Book Study
- Bible/Theology Elective+
- Biblical Theology Elective+
- Chapel (CCS 110)
- Servant Leader Training (CCS 120)
- Educational Ministries (3 credits)
- Teaching Bible* (EM 321) or Homiletics 1* (BT 322)
- Intercultural Studies (3 credits)
- Missions and Evangelism 1* (ICS 104)
*meets Bible-Related requirement
+Not required for double-major programs in nursing and teacher education