The Bachelor of Science in Bible/Theology with an Associate of Applied Science is a four year program of study designed to provide students with a thorough understanding of the Bible, and knowledge, skills, and experience in nursing. Upon successful completion of the A.A.S. in Nursing from Northeast Iowa Community College, graduates are eligible to write the national licensure exam (NCLEX) to become a registered nurse.
Program Director: Dr. Lisa Beatty
In addition to meeting the Bible/Theology major outcomes, the student will meet the outcomes established by Northeast Iowa Community College for the Nursing program. See the NICC website at www.nicc.edu for up-to-date Nursing program requirements and outcomes.
Program Admission Requirements:
- Meet all admission requirements of Emmaus Bible College.
- Complete application for admission to Northeast Iowa Community College.
- Declare your intent to complete the cooperative program in Bible and Theology/Nursing.
- Meet all nursing program admission requirements of Northeast Iowa Community College.
- Nurse Aide/CNA licensure must be completed prior to Nursing Concepts.
- Nursing candidates must also achieve a score of 80 on the math and reading comprehension areas of the HESI A2 exam prior to nursing program admission (clinical coursework).
- At the beginning of the sophomore year, apply for entrance into the Bible/Theology program.
- The application procedure includes completion of a formal application. After the application has been received, the Bible faculty will review it. Their decision will be delivered to the student by means of a formal letter.
- Pay all applicable fees for this major as determined by the Business office and published in the annual statement of fees.
- Complete a minimum of 142 semester credit hours.
- A 2.0 cumulative grade point average and a passing grade in all required courses.
- At least 48 semester credit hours must be earned at Emmaus.
- At least 48 semester credit hours must be earned at Northeast Iowa Community College.
- Complete the general graduation requirements listed in the Academic Life section of the catalog.
- Complete all graduation and Nursing program requirements of Northeast Iowa Community College.
- Meet course requirements in the following areas:
- Bible and Theology (39 credits)
- Old Testament Survey 1 (BT 102)
- Old Testament Survey 2 (BT 104)
- New Testament Survey (BT 106)
- Christian Life & Bible Study Methods (BT 110)
- Survey of Doctrine (BT 151)
- Hermeneutics (BT 250)
- Theology 1 (BT 205)
- Theology 2 (BT 210)
- Theology 3 (BT 305)
- Theology 4 (BT 310)
- Bible/Theology Electives**
- Intercultural Studies (3 credits)
- Missions and Evangelism 1* (ICS 104)
- Inter-Area Studies (3 credits)
- Transitions Seminar (IAS 101)
- Servant Leader Training (IAS 102/3-402/3)
- Chapel Attendance (IAS 110)
- Senior Seminar (IAS 410)
- Nursing (56 credits)
- Microbiology & Lab (BIO:183/184)
- Introduction to Nutrition (PNN:270)
- Dosage Calculations (PNN:200)
- Pharmacology Medications (PNN:204)
- Introduction to Nursing Concepts (PNN:183)
- Introduction to Nursing Care of Adults I (PNN:179)
- Introduction to Nursing Care of Adults II (PNN:181)
- Introduction to Maternal Child Health (PNN:242)
- Application of the Practical Nurse Role (PNN:312)
- Introduction to Associate Degree Nursing (ADN:332)
- Advanced Nursing Care of the Childbearing Family (ADN:470)
- Advanced Nursing Care of Children (ADN:472)
- Psychiatric Nursing Care (ADN:478)
- Advanced Nursing Care of Adults (ADN:525)
- Humanities (15 credits)
- Fundamentals of Speech (COM 112)
- English Composition (ENG 101)
- Introduction to Literature (ENG 102)
- Introduction to Philosophy: Christian Worldview* (PH 106)
- College Composition II (ENG:106)
- Social Sciences (15 credits)
- Fundamental Computer Literacy (CS 101)
- Western Civilization (HIS 131/132) or American History (HIS 235/236)
- Introduction to Psychology (PSY 111)
- Developmental Psychology (PSY:211)
- Introduction to Sociology (SOC:110)
- Natural Sciences (11 credits)
- College Mathematics (MAT 140)
- Human Anatomy/Physiology I & Lab (BIO:165/167)
- Human Anatomy/Physiology II & Lab (BIO:170/172)
*meets Bible-Related requirement
**at least one book study required
Italics - Courses at Northeast Iowa Community College. See course descriptions at www.nicc.edu
Award: Bachelor of Science (Emmaus Bible College)
Associates of Applied Science (Northeast Iowa Community College)