The minor in Mathematics is a program designed to offer a concentrated focus in mathematics. Coursework provides the computational and analytic skills foundational for further study in a variety of majors including computer science, engineering and applied mathematics.
Program Director: Mr. Tim Iverson
The student will:
- Investigate and apply mathematical ideas and models in a variety of contexts.
- Communicate mathematical ideas both orally and in writing.
Mathematics Minor Requirements:
- MAT 172 Analytic Geometry & Calculus 1
- MAT 182 Analytic Geometry & Calculus 2
- MAT 210 Linear Algebra & Matrix Theory
9 credits from the following electives:
- MAT 260 Differential Equations
- MAT 310 Probabilty and Statistics
- MAT 315 Analytical Statistics
- MAT 360 Discrete Mathematics
- MAT 365 Numerical Analysis
- MAT 450 Mathematical Methods in Private/Public Sectors
- MAT 470 Systems Simulation
20 credit hours