The Associate of Arts in General Studies is a two-year program designed to provide the student with general education knowledge and skills, along with a basic understanding of the Bible.
Program Director: Benjamin R. Brown
- Basic knowledge of biblical content and Christian Theology.
- Essentials of a proper methodology to interpret and apply the English Bible.
- Commitment to growth in Christian character and lifestyle.
- Write effectively with precision and detail to communicate the intended message.
- Understand and apply mathematical and scientific principles.
- Use current technology for educational and work-related purposes.
- Compose and deliver speeches which clearly and effectively communicate the intended message.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills through integration of Christian theology and worldview with other academic disciplines.
- Identify informational needs, search effectively for resources, evaluate sources, and ethically integrate information to accomplish academic goals.
Associate Degree Requirements
- Complete a minimum of 62 semester credit hours.
- A 2.0 cumulative grade point average and a passing grade in all required courses.
- At least 30 semester credit hours must be earned at Emmaus.
- Complete the general graduation requirements listed in the Academic Life section of the catalog.
- Meet course requirements in the following areas:
- Bible/Theology (21 credits)
- Old Testament Survey 1 (BT 102)
- Old Testament Survey 2 (BT 104)
- New Testament Survey (BT 106)
- Christian Life and Worldview (BT 111)
- Introduction to Biblical Interpretation (BT 120)
- Survey of Doctrine (BT 151)
- Bible/Theology Elective
- Chapel (CCS 110)
- Servant Leader Training (CCS 120)
- Intercultural Studies (3 credits)
- Missions and Evangelism 1 (ICS 104)
- General Studies (29 credits)
- Fundamentals of Speech (COM 112)
- English Composition (ENG 101)
- Introduction to Literature (ENG 102)
- Transitions Seminar (FND 101)
- Western Civilization 1 or 2 (HIS 131/132) or American History 1 (HIS 235)
- Biological Science and Lab (SCI 245) or Earth Science and Lab (SCI 235)
- Mathematics Elective
- Humanities Elective
- Social Science Electives
- Electives (9 credits)
Award: Associate of Arts in General Studies