The minor in Mathematics is a program designed to offer a concentrated focus in mathematics. Coursework provides the computational and analytic skills foundational for further study in a variety of majors including computer science, engineering and applied mathematics.
Program Director: Timothy J. Iverson
The student will:
- Investigate and apply mathematical ideas and models in a variety of contexts.
- Communicate mathematical ideas both orally and in writing.
Mathematics Minor Requirements:
- MAT 172 Analytic Geometry & Calculus 1
- MAT 182 Analytic Geometry & Calculus 2
- MAT 210 Linear Algebra & Matrix Theory
- MAT 260 Differential Equations
Choose two Mathematics Electives** (300 level or higher):
- MAT 310 Probability and Statistics
- MAT 315 Analytical Statistics
- MAT 365 Numerical Analysis
- MAT 430 Operations Research
- MAT 450 Mathematical Methods in Private/Public Sectors
- MAT 470 Systems Simulation
*The two mathematics electives must be in addition to any math content required of the student’s major.
**all pre-requisite requirements must be satisfied
20 credit hours